Black Friday Coming Down: Record Store Day Preview
As you probably know (but which we’re going to tell you anyway, because that’s our job), this Friday, a.k.a. the day after Thanksgiving, is Black Friday. This, of course, also means that it’s Record Store Day, one of the most wonderful times of the year for music fans. Why? Because it’s a day that record labels – including yours truly, Rhino Records – release limited-edition vinyl offerings to brick and mortar record stores here, there, and...well, not quite everywhere, but a whole lot of places, certainly.
You can confirm if a store in your neck of the woods is participating in Record Store Day by clicking on this here link, and if you’d like a reminder about what items Rhino is releasing for the occasion, you can find those titles below!
• Alice Cooper – BILLION DOLLAR BABIES (LIVE): limited edition of 6,000 copies on 1-LP with bonus 7-inch; $31.98
• Aretha Franklin – THE ATLANTIC SINGLES COLLECTION 1968: limited edition of 3,000 copies as a 4 x 7-inch 45 RPM singles boxed set, $49.98
• DEVO – DEVO LIVE!: limited edition of 4,500 copies on black vinyl in a 12-inch sleeve, $21.98
• Geddy Lee – MY FAVOURITE HEADACHE: limited edition of 5,000 copies on 180-gram vinyl as a 2-LP set with poster and download card, $34.98
• Lou Reed – THE RAVEN: limited edition of 5,000 copies on 3-LP 180-gram vinyl in triple gatefold, $39.98
• Pretenders – UK SINGLES 1979 – 1981: limited edition of 3,500 copies as a 7-inch vinyl boxed set, $79.98
• The Doors – LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 1970: limited edition of 11,000 copies on 180-gram vinyl as a 2-LP set (on vinyl for the first time), $31.98
• The Monkees – CHRISTMAS PARTY PLUS!: limited edition of 5,000 copies as 2 x 7-inch singles (red and green) housed in a gatefold, 19.98